A good website is essential to provide visitors with the information that they need about your company, but it also leaves a good first impression on your potential customers. Most people are skeptical when they’re looking into your business for the first time, which is why it is so important that your website reflects positively on your business and services!
The easiest way to add that to your website is by providing a page that is dedicated to past and current customer testimonials!
If you need a bigger push before you add them to your site, here are five reasons:
- Customer testimonials help build trust – First and foremost, having testimonials are proof that you have customers and are therefore a legitimate business and not an online scam. The more positive testimonials you have, the more your visitors will assume that you must be a trustworthy company!
- Customer testimonials work like referrals – People tend to trust other consumers over businesses. For example, if a friend you trust refers a product that you are looking for, do you still wonder about it or do you purchase it based on that referral? Few people trust a business because they’ll assume the end goal is just to get their money. So testimonials work like that referral, convincing your visitors that they can rely on your business.
- Customer testimonials can explain the benefits of your products or services – testimonials and reviews can be effective in explaining how beneficial your product or service can be for them! A good customer testimonial will include what the customer’s need was and how your product or service was the solution to that need!
- Customer testimonials and reviews can explain how your products or services work – As hard as you work on your business services and products may not be as self-explanatory. Visitors can glean information on how your products or services can work from your past customer’s reviews, because they’ll likely explain how they used your products or services to meet their needs!
- Customer testimonials and reviews can help you create an emotional connection – It’s easier for visitors to connect with other customers than it is for them to connect with the owner of the company. If they can relate to your customers in your reviews, it will be easier to relate them to your brand. An emotional connection can be a powerful tool when it comes to converting new customers.
If you don’t already have client testimonials and reviews, we highly recommend getting some on your site as soon as possible to help your business!